let's work together!
User Experience Designer
Epic Systems Co.
July 2019 - Present
• Designing mobile and web healthcare IT products and marketing websites, including responsive mockups, prototypes, and digital graphics/illustrations.
• Conducting user-centered research and testing with patients and healthcare personnel to verify product and design decisions and inform improvements.
• Written articles for internal UX guide laying out company UI standards, accessibility requirements, and design processes.
• Presented several company-wide talks on key UX principles to software developers, quality assurance, and other disciplines.
Personalized Healthcare Technology at RIT
May 2018 - May 2019
• Created digital marketing materials for student research initiatives creating healthcare products, including animated demo videos, printed fliers, and presentations.
• Lead motion graphics design team and provided story and visual direction, design feedback, and licensed audio resources.
• Researched complex healthcare concepts and presented them in a hearing and literacy accessible video format.
June 2017 - December 2017
• Designed a variety of K-12 bilingual educational materials such as illustrations, posters, coloring pages, animated videos, and e-books.
• Worked with motion/game designers, educators, and other creatives to publish age and culturally appropriate content.
Embark - Interactive Installation
Top Talent @ Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2019
Encouraging positive & joyful cultural discoveries through a re-imagined classic arcade game. Visitors discover how to take simple steps to learn about the dynamic & diverse global community around them.
Wave - Mobile AR
AR/VR Finalist @ MODE Fest 2019
Hospital wayfinding app that leverages AR landmarks to help
neurodiverse patients navigate with confidence and ease.
snews - Educational Experience
UI/UX Category Winner @ MODE Fest 2019
Interactive educational tablet experience that teaches users about
insomnia. A friendly guide takes users through the journey of
symptom recognition, diagnosis, and treatment options.
Rochester Institute of Technology
New Media Design (BFA)
Fall 2015 - Spring 2019
• Honors Program, Magna Cum Laude
• Immersion: Advertising and Public Relations
RIT New Media Club - Student Outreach
Conducts bi-annual student portfolio review, and presented on the basics of healthcare and enterprise software design.
Manipulative Design - Talk at Epic Systems
Exploring how design influences decision making, and how to help users feel confident and guided towards what is best for them.
Microsoft Office Suite
© Haley King 2022